Student Accommodation And Guardianship
The College helps finding accommodation for you if required.
There is a range of accommodation options to choose from, depending on your preferences and budget. The main options are:
- Homestay : One of the most popular options for newly arrived students, younger students and those studying short-term English courses. Students who choose this option will live as a guest/member of an Australian family.
- Shared rooms: This is preferable if you cannot afford upfront costs of renting an apartment or a house. You may find other students or families that rent out furnished or unfurnished spare rooms in their houses and apartments.
If you are under 18 years old, you need a qualified person (Guardian) who looks after you until you reach the legal age of 18. There are several guardianship options for you to choose.
- A family member accompanying you – You can apply entry visa for a close family member (parents, brother or sister) accompanying you.
- A family member who is already in Australia – The College will help your appointed family member to apply for guardianship before your arrival to Australia.
- Agent-appointed guardian – The College will help you to select a guardian from a commercial guardianship service.
Useful addresses for searching accommodation in Australia:
- Realestate.com.au – Australia’s leading residential and commercial property website
- Sydney.com/accommodation – Sydney accommodation and holiday house rentals website
- Accommodationaustralia.com.au – Accommodation and holiday house rentals website
- Flatmates.com.au – Australia’s biggest share accommodation website
Learn more on www.studyinaustralia.gov.au