UPC Intensive IELTS Courses
Choice of Academic Module or General Training Module
The IELTS exam has become the largest and most respected test of English for educational and training purposes in the world. It is taken by over a million candidates each year. It tests both general and academic English.
Most universities require an IELTS score of 6.0 – 6.5 for undergraduate courses and 6.5 – 7.0 for postgraduate courses.
The IELTS exam is recognised by the majority of universities in the UK, Canada, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand and South Africa, and by over 380 universities and colleges in the USA.
IELTS is also used by a number of professional and government institutions worldwide.
Our IELTS preparation course will teach you valuable English skills and strategies for taking the IELTS exam, helping you to achieve a better score.
This intensive course is highly focussed on IELTS preparation. Learn about the different exam sections, the ways to maximise your exam time, and the types of questions in the IELTS exam. You will also practice reading, writing, listening and speaking, and improve your grammar and vocabulary.
The course includes two components, the face-to-face delivery as well as use of an e-learning IELTS platform, that you can access anytime anywhere over one month. You may choose different modes of learning on the platform, e.g. specific skill training, mock-paper training, etc. Answers and feedback on reading and listening papers will be provided online, and personal marking for one Writing mock test and one Speaking mock test will be given to individual students on the course.
Included in the price
- Welcome Information Pack
- Placement test on arrival, weekly progress tests and regular homework
- Teaching materials
- Access to online-learning IELTS platform for your own use, for one month (this can be extended to one year if you wish, for a further fee)
- Use of Computer Learning Centre
- Wireless internet in College
- Mock tests at end of course
- End-of-course certificate
Sydney City Campus 1- 5 Randle Street, Surry Hills
We recommend that students have a English language proficiency level of Intermediate before starting the course, in order to gain the most benefit.
Subject to demand, you can choose morning, afternoon, or evening class during week days or weekend.
We run courses of different lengths.
- 200 hours. Full-time course, 20 hours per week for 10 weeks
- 60 hours. Part-time. Two nights per week for ten weeks, or Saturday (6 hours) for 10 weeks. (If you wish to focus only one or two skills, we can make a special arrangement).
This course includes a combination of classroom and online learning activities.