CERTIFICATE IV IN BOOKKEEPING
National Course Code FNS40215
This course is available to domestic students only.
This qualification is designed to reflect the job roles of contract bookkeepers and employees performing bookkeeping tasks for organisations in a range of industries. It includes the preparation and lodgement of business and instalment activity statement tasks and the provision of advice or dealing with the Commissioner on behalf of a taxpayer in relation to the activity statements. Individuals in these roles apply theoretical and specialist knowledge and skills to work autonomously and exercise judgement in completing routine and non-routine activities.
Persons providing a business activity statement (BAS) service must be registered by the Tax Practitioners Board and this qualification is currently cited as fulfilling the educational requirements for such registration. Other conditions apply including a designated period of experience. Persons seeking BAS agent registration should check the latest registration requirements with the Board as these are reviewed and updated regularly.
Delivery and Pathways
Total recommended study time is 540 hours. For a full-time study of 20 hours per week, it will take 27 weeks or 9 calendar months to complete the course.
After achieving this qualification, you may undertake a range of Diploma qualifications in Accounting and Finance areas.
Units of Competency
6 core units of competency
- BSBFIA401 Prepare financial reports
- BSBITU306 Design and produce business documents
- FNSBKG401 Develop and implement policies and procedures relevant to bookkeeping activities
- FNSBKG404 Carry out business activity and instalment activity statement tasks
- FNSBKG405 Establish and maintain a payroll system
- FNSINC401 Apply principles of professional practice to work in the financial services industry
7 elective units of competency
- BSBFIA302 Process Payroll
- FNSACC301 Process financial transactions and extract interim reports
- FNSACC302 Administer Subsidiary accounts and ledgers
- FNSACC404 Prepare financial statements for non-reporting entities
- FNSACC406 Set up and operate a computerised accounting system
- FNSBKG402 Establish and maintain a cash accounting system
- FNSBKG403 Establish and maintain an accrual accounting system
Contact the college for more information and to enrol in this course