After 6 months of construction, UPC’s new Sydney City Campus was officially approved by NEAS on 12th September, 2017 and ASQA on 13th October, 2017 with a capacity of 493 places for international students and no limitation for the number of domestic students.
The new campus offers 5 CRICOS programs to international students:
• ELICOS English (From Elementary to Advanced level): English for Higher Education Studies, English for Academic Purposes and Preparation for IELTS
• Childcare (Early Childhood Education & Care): Certificate III and Diploma
• Business: Certificate IV (Prerequisite of the Diploma of Accounting and Diploma of Leadership & Management)
• Accounting: Diploma and Advanced Diploma
• Leadership and Management: Diploma and Advanced Diploma
Location of the new City Campus: The Sydney City Campus housing most teaching activities for international students, is located at 1-5 Randle Street (Corner Elizabeth Street), Surry Hills, NSW 2010. It is just a two minute walk from Sydney Central Station, the hub of the Sydney central business district (CBD). From there, you can catch direct trains or buses to the University of New South Wales (UNSW), University of Sydney (USyd) or University of Technology, Sydney (UTS). In addition, while Sydney Opera House and the Harbour Bridge are only 2 stations away from us, Paddy Market, Queen Victoria Building, Chinatown, Darling Harbour and Hyde Park are also within walking distance to our campus.
Operation Schedule for the New Campus:
• English classes: All current English classes have been relocated from Bankstown Campus to the Sydney City Campus since 16th October, 2017.
• New international students: New students started their classes at the Sydney City Campus from 30th October, 2017.
• New local Smart & Skilled Program students: The first childcare class for domestic students under NSW Government fee-subsidised Smart & Skilled Program started at the Sydney City Campus on Monday 20th November, 2017.